2013年4月2日 星期二

Exhibitions of Andy Warhol

Name of exhibition: Hello It's Me, Goodbye:Andy Warhol's Cinema
                             (4 Feb,2013)
                             15 minutes Eternal (15 March,2013)

 




First of all, what can you think of between banana, and Campbells tomato soup?


Yes, the linkage between them are no one, but Andy Warhol and pop art culture.

Andy Warhol (August 6, 1928 – February 22, 1987) was an American artist who was a leading figure in the visual art movement known as pop art. His works explore the relationship between artistic expression, celebrity culture and advertisement that flourished by the 1960s. After a successful career as a commercial illustrator, Warhol became a renowned and sometimes controversial artist. The Andy Warhol Museum in his native city, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, holds an extensive permanent collection of art and archives. It is the largest museum in the United States dedicated to a single artist.(web resources)




It's amazing and wonderful to see so many famous artworks of Andy Warhol. He is one of my favourite artists and his artworks always give inspiration to me.
In fact, I love pop culture that Andy Warhol had brought. It is a symbol of transformation and revolution of arts. It give us broaden vision and perspective when viewing arts and even daily affairs.
I am happy I have been to both the exhibition of Andy Warhol. While the gallery gave me a valuable time to see so many master pieces, the cinema showed me the other form of Andy Warhol's arts. I get to know more on Andy Warhol and know deeper of his biology and life perspective.

1 則留言:

  1. I have been to Andy Warhol's exhibition too, you are right, Amazing! haha I was amazed by his artwork, to me, what he drew were like the production of comics, I wonder how he could draw such pictures. I like those very much. Walk pass his drawing, I find it very interesting. Most of his drawings are related to our daily lives, such as Campbelle's Soup, Diary products, banana's etc.

    To me, i will use the term " Simple but Beautiful" to describe his artworks.Like the one you posted with dollar signs, only a few dollar signs painted with different colors, it turned out to be a beautiful artwork! When seeing this picture, I think a lot. Nowadays, people seems care about money and overlook many things, isn't it? :)

    回覆刪除