2013年4月11日 星期四

Au Hoi Lam: My Father is Over the Ocean

Date of visit: 6 April,2013
Name of art gallery: Osage Open (Kwun Tong)
Name of exhibition: My Father is Over the Ocean



It ‘s been a year since Au Hoi Lam’s father passed away and she still can’t quite accept his death. So the contemporary Hong Kong artist did what artists do: create beautiful, poetic artworks to express her yearning.
Au Hoi Lam created her first large-scale installation at Osage Open titled “My Father is Over the Ocean.” The show plays with two main elements, the song “My Bonnie is Over the Ocean” and a bed that her father last occupied before he passed away.

Au Hoi Lam sung and recorded the song, which the song is playing in the exhibition venue. The bed her father used to sleep with was separated into parts. The wooden bed parts are used in the artworks as the medium. 




The bed sheet, the stairs and the every single wooden part of the bed are shown in many different ways. Words are written on the wood, which are 60 questions that Au Hoi Lam would like to ask her father. I appreciate the way she chose to express her idea. It's new and special to me. 

Here comes with more works in the exhibition:


 


I like the last artwork,'Dad, What Shade of Blue Did You See Today?', the most. Au Hoi Lam's father always worked on the sea.In the last few days before he died, he said he felt like boarding over the sea. So Au Hoi Lam express her sadness and the memorizes her father in this artwork. She uses differnt kinds of blue to form a big scene of sea view. When I saw this works, I can feel like I am on the sea. And I feels the love between her and her father.

Generally, I love this exhibition.

http://encn.blouinartinfo.com/news/story/884004/interview-au-hoi-lam-dedicates-an-installation-to-her-late
Interview by Blouin Artinfo

沒有留言:

張貼留言